Fiancé Visa

Fiancé Visa Attorneys in Cincinnati

Serving Those in the Greater Cincinnati Region

If you are a U.S. citizen and you’re engaged to someone from another country, your goal is likely to bring them to the U.S. as soon as possible. The immigration system is complex, however, and adjudicating officers heavily scrutinize fiancé visa applications to expose marriage fraud. To avoid unnecessary delays and denials, you’ll need a legal team that can help you navigate this process with ease and precision.

Our fiancé visa attorneys at The Fleischer Law Firm LLC are fully prepared to assist you and your partner. Founded in 1973, our law firm has decades of experience handling complex cases, presenting compelling arguments to adjudicating offers, and reuniting families in as little time as possible. Don’t face the U.S. immigration system alone—especially when our team is just a phone call away.

Get in touch with us at (513) 880-9969 or via an online contact form. We can begin with a free consultation*, and we offer services in both English and Spanish.

What Is a Fiancé Visa?

The fiancé visa refers to the K-1 nonimmigrant visa. It allows your foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to come to the U.S. specifically to marry you. If you get married within 90 days of their entry, they can then adjust their status to permanent residence (i.e. obtain a green card).

K1 Visa Eligibility Requirements

The requirements for the K-1 visa include the following:

  • You are a U.S. citizen;
  • You and your foreign-citizen fiancé(e) intend to get married within 90 days of their entry into the U.S.;
  • You are both legally free to marry.

Meeting the K1 Visa Application Conditions

Additionally, you must have met each other at least once in the 2-year period prior to filing your K-1 visa petition. If this results in extreme hardship to you, or it violates certain cultural or social customs for your fiancé(e), you may be able to waive this requirement.

*Given the volume of inquiries the Firm receives, the Firm cannot guaranty it will consult with every possible client or evaluate every potential client’s matter. Moreover, a case evaluation or case consultation does not mean the Firm will provide a potential client with actual legal advice on a matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship. A free consultation or free evaluation is intended to enable the Firm to understand the nature of a potential client’s matter and to inform the potential client if the Firm will consider representing the potential client in connection with the matter. Before the Firm can provide legal advice to any person or entity, and before an attorney-client relationship is formed, the Firm must have a signed fee agreement with a client setting forth the Firm’s scope of representation and the fees that will be charged.

We Put Clients First

What Makes Us Different
  • Direct Access to Your Attorney
  • Constant Client Communication
  • English & Spanish Speaking Services Available
  • Over 40 Years of Experience in Immigration Law

The K-1 Visa Process

You will begin by filing Form I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé(e) as your foreign-citizen fiancé(e)’s sponsor. With every client, our goal is to submit a petition that is compelling and well-supported enough to avoid a request for evidence, which would create an unnecessary delay that we know you don’t want to endure. If USCIS approves the petition, it will send it to the Embassy or consulate near your fiancé(e), which will then schedule an interview.

If the adjudicating officer at the interview approves the petition, your fiancé(e) will receive a K-1 visa. They will have 6 months to seek admission at a U.S. port of entry, where a CBP officer will assess their paperwork and decide whether to let them into the U.S.

Once they enter, they will have 90 days to marry you and, therefore, qualify for adjustment of status. If you fail to marry within this period, the visa will expire, and your foreign-citizen fiancé(e) will begin accruing unlawful presence unless they leave the country. Any amount of unlawful presence can prevent a person from qualifying for a visa at a later point and may even trigger deportation.

Your foreign-citizen fiancé(e)’s unmarried children can also qualify for K-2 visas, allowing them to come with their parent to the U.S. and adjust their status after the marriage ceremony. Sons or daughters with K-2 visas must remain unmarried to qualify for permanent residence.

Let us help you bring your fiancé(e) to the U.S. as soon as possible. Contact us online or call us directly at (513) 880-9969 today.

Trusted by the Cincinnati Community

Family-based immigration is extraordinarily difficult to navigate—especially with cases involving spouse and fiancé(e) visas. To reunite with your loved ones in as little time as possible, you need a legal team with decades of experience and a personal commitment to your family’s wellbeing. At The Fleischer Law Firm LLC, we are recognized for this level of service, and we look forward to putting our 40+ years of experience to work for your future.

  • I will work with his office again and would refer him in a heartbeat.

    “I was referred to Mr. Neil Fliescher, esq by a friend to help me with my immigration legal needs. He was affordable, knowledgable and answered all my questions promptly.”

    - Anastasia
  • Time to thank for the professionalism, wisdom and passion to help

    “I was lucky to be referred by a friend to work on my green card application (via National Interest Waiver) with Mr. Richard Fleischer. Mr. Fleischer is an extremely hardworking professional lawyer who ...”

    - Sam
  • Hiring Mr Neil Fleischer was the best decision ever!

    “Neil took hold of our situation and was able to navigate us through our adjustment of status process with ease and confidence. He was available to answer every call, email, and question even though we live states apart from his firm.”

    - Fred
  • Congrats Carlos!

    “This is Carlos. Carlos lives in Utah and recently became a US citizen. We are now able to “upgrade” his pending I-130 for his wife's petition to that of an “ immediate relative” so the case can move ...”

  • Thank you for your help!

    “Thank you for your help!”

    - Former Client

Start Your Journey with a Reliable Partner

Schedule a Free Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.