Green Card Lawyers in Cincinnati
Permanent Residency for Clients in in Greater Cincinnati
If you have a green card, you are a lawful permanent resident, and you can live and work in the U.S. permanently (so long as you renew your green card every ten years).
While the path to citizenship is largely the same for every applicant, there are many different ways to obtain a green card, and our team at The Fleischer Law Firm LLC can determine which path is right for you.
How to Become a Lawful Permanent Resident
Your green card application process depends on many factors, including your location. If you are already in the U.S. lawfully, you can adjust your status to permanent residence without leaving the country.
If you are abroad, you will need to obtain an immigrant visa through consular processing, and you will receive a green card once a CBP officer allows you to enter the United States at a port of entry.
You may be able to obtain a green card:
- Through family members who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents
- Through U.S. employers
- Through investment in a U.S. commercial enterprise
- Through refugee/asylee status
- As a Special Immigrant (Iraqi/Afghan translator, international broadcaster, religious worker, etc.)
- As a Special Immigrant Juvenile
- As a victim of sex trafficking or other serious crimes
- Through the diversity visa program
- Under the Violence Against Women Act
- Through registry (continuous residence in the U.S. since 1971)
- Through other categories
Ways to Obtain A Green Card
Most green card applications are family-based or employment-based. In other words, a U.S. employer or a family member who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident must sponsor you by filing the petition on your behalf. Some applicants, such as immigrant investors, may self-petition (i.e. apply without a sponsor).
What Is The Green Card Application Process?
While each applicant will experience a slightly different process depending on their location and eligibility category, the process typically involves the steps below.
- You or your sponsor file an immigrant petition;
- After approval from USCIS, wait for a green card in your category to become available (different categories have certain numbers of green cards available per year);
- File a green card application with USCIS (if you are already in the U.S.) or a visa application with the U.S. Department of State (if you are outside of the U.S.);
- Provide your fingerprints, signature, and photo for a background check at a biometrics appointment; and
- Attend an interview.
For Experienced Guidance With Your Green Card Application, Call The Fleischer Law Firm LLC at (513) 880-9969.
What Are the Benefits of Having a Green Card?
If you obtain a green card, you will experience several powerful benefits:
- After a certain number of years, you may be eligible to become a U.S. citizen through naturalization.
- Traveling more easily outside of the U.S. without violating the terms of your status.
- Your options for employment will be nearly unlimited.
- You will be protected by all local, state, and federal laws.
Do You Need A Lawyer To Get A Green Card?
While it is not legally required to hire a lawyer to obtain a green card, it is highly recommended to seek the assistance of an experienced immigration lawyer. The process of obtaining a green card can be complex and may involve navigating through various legal requirements, forms, and documentation.
Here are some reasons why having an immigration lawyer can be beneficial when it comes to applying for a green card:
- Expertise and Knowledge: A green card attorney has in-depth knowledge of the immigration laws and regulations relevant to obtaining a green card. They can provide guidance on the most appropriate pathway for your specific situation and help you understand the requirements and processes involved.
- Application Preparation: An immigration lawyer can assist you in preparing and organizing the necessary documentation for your green card application. They can ensure that all forms are completed accurately and submit a well-prepared application on your behalf, reducing the risk of errors or omissions that could lead to delays or denials.
- Legal Strategy and Options: If you face any complications or challenges during the green card application process, an immigration lawyer can develop a legal strategy to address those issues. They can explore available options and alternatives, such as waivers or appeals, if needed.
- Communication and Representation: A lawyer for a green card can even communicate with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and other relevant authorities for you. They can handle any inquiries or requests for additional information, ensuring that you present your case effectively.
- Increased Success Rate: With their expertise and experience, immigration lawyers can significantly increase your chances of a successful green card application. They are familiar with the requirements and know how to present your case in the best possible light.
Obtaining a green card is an important step towards lawful permanent residence in the United States. The guidance and support of an immigration lawyer for a green card can streamline the process, minimize errors, and provide you with peace of mind throughout the application journey.
Need A Lawyer For A Green Card? Call (513) 880-9969 Today.
It is recommended to consult with an green card lawyer at The Fleischer Law Firm LLC who specializes in green card applications. We can assess your eligibility, guide you through the process, and provide personalized advice based on your circumstances to help you achieve your immigration goals.
Direct Access to Your Attorney
Constant Client Communication
English & Spanish Speaking Services Available
Over 40 Years of Experience in Immigration Law
At The Fleischer Law Firm LLC, we have developed a reputation for outstanding legal counsel and advocacy.
Since 1973, we have helped countless individuals and families overcome barriers and accomplish their immigration goals.
We have the experience and personal commitment needed to help you succeed whether you are working toward:
- A nonimmigrant visa
- A green card
- Or citizenship
Extremely professional and make you feel right at home.- Brittney
Neil is very professional.- Cameron
You made my dreams real.- Bob
The best among the best immigration lawyers I ever met.- Mathew
Neil was always prompt, courteous, honest, and very understanding.- Anthony